Monday, July 12, 2010

I Couldn't Even Stop It... - Part 4

The funeral was held on Monday, February 14, 2005. I had gotten to the church early that morning with my sister L to just be there.

The service started and I didn't see Tyler (my boyfriend) or Laura (my best friend) there. I slipped out the side door and tried calling both of their cell phones, but they didn't answer. After a couple of more tries with no luck, I went back inside. As the service went on, I noticed that a few of my siblings were not there either.

I started to get a little worried. This wasn't like Laura or Tyler, and my siblings should have definitely been there. After the service was over, I went and found my aunt Linda. That's when I heard the news.

"There was a car accident..."

I didn't want to hear the words.

"Jake, Em, Haelee, and Blake rode over with Laura and Tyler."

They had to be okay. They must be okay.

"The other car veered over to their side..."

Just stop. Just stop.

"They don't think Laura is going to make it."

My head was spinning. The floor was spinning. The whole room started spinning.

Two hours later, Laura, Tyler, Blake, and Em had all passed away. Jake was in critical condition and Haelee was in surgery.

I literally thought my life was ending.

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. I remember Lynne calling me that day... I wanted to be there for you guys so badly but my parents wouldn't let me drive or fly up there. I'm so proud of you for working through this and sharing your story. I love you friend :)

    -Bee

    ReplyDelete